The Wednesday, February 17, 2016 Climate Justice Forum radio program hosted by Wild Idaho Rising Tide (WIRT) discusses southwest Idaho oil and gas legislation and resistance, links between the Bundy militia and the Koch brothers, a Supreme Court decision and Congressional bill addressing fossil fuel development, a federal oil and gas lease auction protest in Utah, and a Rising Tide action at the California Public Utilities Commission building. Broadcast on progressive, volunteer, community station KRFP Radio Free Moscow every Wednesday between 1:30 and 3 pm PST, live at 90.3 FM and online, the show covers continent-wide climate activism and community opposition to extreme energy projects, thanks to the generous, anonymous listener who adopted program host Helen Yost as her KRFP DJ.
As a reminder, Wild Idaho Rising Tide (WIRT) welcomes you at the monthly, third Wednesday, Sandpoint climate activist gathering at 7 pm this Wednesday, February 17, in the Eichardt’s Pub upstairs game room, 212 Cedar Street in Sandpoint, Idaho. Please call 208-301-8039 for agendas, carpools, and directions for this meeting and other events across the region. At this convergence, we will be crafting plans and delegating work on:
* Carpools to and participation in the Don’t Frack Idaho Statehouse Rally! in Boise on Monday, February 22
* An open-house event for area activists at the new WIRT Sandpoint office
* Screenings and panel discussions of This Changes Everything on March 23 in Moscow and March 24 in Sandpoint
* The Fifth Annual Celebration of Wild Idaho Rising Tide benefit concert on April 2 in Moscow
* Direct action training camps, educational workshops, presentations, peaceful protests, and anti-fossil fuel campaigns in spring and summer 2016
We need your input at the table and on the ground! Please bring your friends, family, ideas, and energies to emerging plans for upcoming, frontline demonstrations of dirty energy resistance. Thanks!