The Wednesday, March 2, 2016 Climate Justice Forum radio program hosted by Wild Idaho Rising Tide (WIRT) discusses upcoming, regional, climate activism opportunities, Idaho oil and gas Senate Bill 1339 and resistance to its restricted public participation processes, and Coast Guard hearings employing the climate change necessity defense of Shell Arctic drilling ship blockaders. Broadcast on progressive, volunteer, community station KRFP Radio Free Moscow every Wednesday between 1:30 and 3 pm PST, live at 90.3 FM and online, the show covers continent-wide climate activism and community opposition to extreme energy projects, thanks to the generous, anonymous listener who adopted program host Helen Yost as her KRFP DJ.
Wild Idaho Rising Tide (WIRT) welcomes you at the monthly, first Wednesday, Moscow area climate activist gathering at 7 pm this Wednesday, March 2, at The Attic, up the back stairs of 314 East Second Street, Moscow, Idaho. Please call 208-301-8039 for agendas, carpools, and directions for this meeting and other events across the region. At this convergence, we will plan and delegate work on:
* Resistance to Idaho Legislature passage of Senate Bill 1339 that severely limits public knowledge and participation in oil and gas development permits, appeals, and mineral owner forced pooling
* Break Free planning meetings in Eugene and Portland for a mid-May direct action coordinated by regional Rising Tide, 350, and allied groups
* An open-house event for northern Idaho activists at the new WIRT Sandpoint office
* Screenings and panel discussions of This Changes Everything on Tuesday, March 29, in Moscow and on Wednesday, March 30, in Sandpoint
* The Fifth Annual Celebration of Wild Idaho Rising Tide benefit concert, with Henry C and the Willards, potluck food, and beer and wine, on Saturday, April 2, in Moscow
* Direct action training camps, educational workshops, presentations, peaceful protests, and anti-fossil fuel campaigns in spring and summer 2016
We need your input at the table and on the ground! Please bring your friends, family, ideas, and energies to emerging plans for upcoming, frontline demonstrations of dirty energy resistance. Thanks!