Wild Idaho Rising Tide (WIRT) and allies invite everyone to a winter solstice celebration and the December Sandpoint WIRT meeting, one of two gatherings held every month on the first Wednesday in Moscow and on the third Wednesday in Sandpoint. On the December 21 solstice, we are converging at 7 pm in Eichardt’s Pub upstairs game room, 212 Cedar Street in Sandpoint. Join regional climate activists on the first evening of the solar new year for food, beer and wine, and conversations creating campaign strategies and tactics for actions and events supporting the movement against extreme fossil fuels and for clean energy, livable communities, and especially climate justice.
Topics of discussion may include updates, plans, and suggestions for:
* Regional resistance to coal, oil, gas, and tar sands leases, wells, processing plants, pipelines, trains, terminals, and refineries* Ongoing WIRT and allied mobilization of Idaho residents for coordinated, peaceful protests and agency hearings advancing anti-fossil fuels campaigns
* Statewide, January protests of Wells Fargo and US Bank funding of the Dakota Access pipeline, co-hosted with 350Sandpoint and Idaho and Spokane partner groups, in solidarity with Standing Rock Sioux, indigenous, and allied pipeline opposition
* Ongoing, monthly, guest presentations and forums, like the successful Olympia Stand and valve turner talks, including a January or February Bringing NoDAPL Home Forum with Idaho and Spokane water protectors
* Local training workshops (ideally a spring, weekend, Idaho Panhandle, direct action and kayaktivism camp) and educational events sharing activist knowledge
* Benefit concerts raising funds for volunteer and legal expenses (like the Sixth Annual Celebration of Wild Idaho Rising Tide on March 31)
* Expansion of WIRT’s weekly Climate Justice Forum radio program, broadcast on KRFP Radio Free Moscow for five years on January 18, to KRFY in Sandpoint and other progressive community stations
* Coordination of WIRT monthly gatherings with partner group meetings in Moscow and Sandpoint, to enhance community resistance to climate-wrecking extreme energy projects
At 7 pm on Wednesday, December 21, at Eichardt’s Pub in Sandpoint and beyond, please share your involvement in continent-wide, grassroots, direct activism that confronts the roots causes of climate change. Contact WIRT organizers by email, phone, or facebook message, with your questions and ideas, and invite your associates to this event with this announcement and half-page flyer, also posted on WIRT website and facebook pages, where you can find further information and opportunities for climate movement participation. Thanks!