As a previous Wild Idaho Rising Tide (WIRT) newsletter noted, WIRT is holding potluck meetings every Thursday at 7 pm. As we work on a megaload edition, topics of tonight’s strategizing/planning session at the WIRT Activist House in Moscow include:
* Carpools to Moccasins on the Ground direct action training camp (near Whitehall, Montana, on August 23 to 25) and the Nez Perce/Idaho Rivers United federal court case hearing (in Boise on August 27)
* Tactics for protesting and monitoring the next (fifth) Omega Morgan tar sands evaporator (on Highway 12 in late August/early September)
* Volunteers for college population outreach at initial academic year events like the University of Idaho Palousafest on August 24, Lewis-Clark State College Welcome Fair on August 26, and Washington State University Cougs Connect on August 28
* Organization of a co-sponsored benefit concert for arrested Nez Perce megaload blockaders, involving two to three invited, tentative bands (at the Unitarian Church in Moscow on September 6 or 13)
* Plans for Idaho and Montana actions in solidarity with a Highway 63 blockade (between Fort McMurray and Alberta tar sands operations on an unknown date)
* Arrangements for a regional Idaho Residents Against Gas Extraction/WIRT-led Keystone XL Pledge of Resistance direct action training session (on the Palouse, in the Clearwater Valley, and/or Boise in September or October)
* Logistics of upcoming events: Coal Export Action’s September Showdown in Helena, Montana, on September 15 and 16; Millennium Bulk Terminal (Longview coal port) scoping hearings in Spokane on September 25 and in Pasco on October 1; Global Frackdown statewide or in Boise/Payette County on October 19 (Please check the WIRT website’s Events Calendar.)
* Other organizational goals, such as mobilizing our collective, establishing roles, delegating tasks, initiating a regional canvass, filling the WIRT Activist House, etc.
See you tonight!
Wild Idaho Rising Tide
P.O. Box 9817, Moscow, Idaho 83843
WildIdahoRisingTide.org & on facebook, Twitter
We will go to one or both scoping hearings in Spokane and the Tri-Cities. Do you have a talking points paper?